Club Info

The off season in 2009 produced some exciting times for both the Glen Huon and Ranelagh-Grove Cricket Clubs.

Over a couple of positive meetings the clubs decided to merge, creating a new identity to be known as the North Huon Warriors.

Both the Glen Huon and Ranelagh Grove Cricket Club’s have long histories, and can be found on this website.



The North Huon Warriors A Grade side capped off a remarkable first year with a thrilling 1 run victory over the Kingston Crows on 27-3-2010.

After winning the toss and batting, captain Lyndon Stevenson was soon back in the shed with the score on 2. Ken Voss started in typical fashion, hitting consecutive boundaries on his second and third balls, and built a 33 run partnership with Dean Harriss before Punshon picked him up.

Voss departed soon after when trying to hit a ball into Huonville, and when Mathew Greatbatch edged shortly after the Warriors were stumbling at 4-51.

Michael Parbs and Tony Lovell started to rebuild the innings, before Lovell edged one through with the score on 73.

Tim Thorpe then continued his good finals form, combing with Parbs to put on 66 before holing out for 24 in the pursuit of quick runs.

After Parbs was dismissed for a game high 67, Lee Wickham combined with the tail to see the total push up to 9-189 from North Huon’s 50 overs.

A good effort was required from the bowlers to keep the Crows below this total, and Stevenson got the ball rolling trapping Elliott leg before with the score on 5.

Marcus Raine followed up, dismissing Jamieson in similar style, and with Parbs bowling Palmer, the Crows were 3-49.

However, the 2 stars for the Crows from last week in Stevenson and Owen were at the crease, and set about chasing down the total.

With chances to both batsmen being put to ground in quick succession, many could have thought that the Warriors had let the game slip through their fingers.

The introduction of Zac Duggan saw him pick up both of these wickets in quick time, and when Lovell knocked over Chapman, North Huon was still in the hunt at 6-125 off 33 overs.

Townsend and Knott set about chasing down the target, and looked at ease needing 38 from 72 balls.

Parbs and Raine were brought back into the attack, and combined to slow down the run rate, with just 5 runs coming from the next 5 overs.

The equation got down to 21 off 5 overs, and another maiden to Raine saw the balance swing back to the Warriors.

Voss came into the attack to finish off, and after a tight Stevenson over from the other end, the Crows needed 7 runs from the last over.

In fading light, Voss started with a wide, but followed up with 3 runs from the next 5 balls, leaving 3 to win from the last delivery.

Townsend, who had battled all day, punched the ball to long off, but a clean pickup from Wickham saw the ball in quickly to Voss, who took the bails off and gave a 1 run win to the Warriors.

A thrilling game in front of a huge crowd was a perfect way to end the season for North Huon.

Michael Parbs was named player of the match, with his game high 67 runs, and 1-20 from 10 overs, including 2 maidens when the game got tight at the end.